Polyptych of the Adoration and Saints

Antonio Vivarini da Murano, Giovanni d’Allemagna

Antonio Vivarini da Murano, Giovanni d’Allemagna - Polyptych of the Adoration and Saints
The altar polyptych was produced in collaboration of the two painters for the San Francesco church in 1447, as stated on the original carved frame. Apart from their names, the carver of the frame, Cristoforo da Ferrara, is also mentioned. The altarpiece was situated in the lateral chapel of the church in Padua until the end of the 18th century.
date:
measurements: height 114,5 cm
width 31,5 cm
material: wood
technique: tempera
inscription:
inventory number: O 11983 - O 11987
gallery collection: Collection of Old Masters
from cycle: Polyptych of the Adoration and Saints