Prague had been searching for a place for the monument of Julius Zeyer (1841–1901) since the writer’s death. His friend Josef Mauder was assigned the task of making the monument which was unveiled in Chotkovy sady (Chotek Park) near the Royal Summer Palace in 1913. Protruding from an artificial cave, there is a group of statues that represent figures from Zeyer’s poetry, e.g. Kazi, Teta, and Libuše which Mauder rendered in many studies. The sketch arrived in the collection of the National Gallery in Prague because of the legacy of JUDr. Leopold Katz (1854–1927), a brother-in-law of Mauder, a prominent lawyer and important figure of the social and cultural life at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.