The Last Judgment fresco captured the attention of artists even more so than the Sistine Chapel’s ceiling itself. The work was also known as „Scuola del mondo“ (The School of the World). It was unveiled in 1541 and its first graphic reproduction dates to as early as 1543. By the late 16th century it had been rendered in fifteen prints of different sizes. The engraving made by Giulio Bonasone shows the state of the painting prior to the censors’ intervention in 1565 that was aimed at covering the figures’ nudity.