This multi-figural Crucifixion in all respects resembles the Třeboň Altarpiece which was made in the same workshop. Provided that the central part of the Třeboň Altarpiece was formed by using a crucifixion, this panel from the St Barbara church could refer to the iconography and composition of the lost work. The composition is dominated by a carefully modelled, naked body of Christ. The accentuated streams of his blood dripping on the figures below the cross are central to the panel's iconography. The blood is only visible on the Virgin’s veil, referring to the precious relic of the Virgin’s blood-stained veil which Charles IV acquired for the Prague cathedral treasure. Similarly, the emphasized golden belt of the Virgin, tied with a large knot, points to the relic of the Virgin’s belt which Charles IV brought to Prague from Augsburg in 1354. The interesting detail of this painting is the shield of the centurion with the facial mask, conceivably the reference to the protective shiled of the Athene with the head of Medusa, meant to frighten off the enemies, on it.