Donated 1885 by Vojtěch Lanna. Graphic plates and printing blocks rank among the very rare surviving artefacts. In 1885, Vojtěch Lanna donated three such works of 16th-century German graphic art to the Picture Gallery of the Society of Patriotic Friends of the Arts: a copper and an iron plates, both etched, and a wooden printing block, which were all accompanied by later imprints. The character of these donations documents Lanna’s effort to develop an educative collection, as well as his interest in the methods of creating works of art. In the 1570s, the Swiss graphic artist and painter Jost Amman moved to Nuremberg where his works freely affiliated him with the „Little masters“. The presented print is part of a series of eight hunting scenes and exemplifies the artist’s interest in not only the figural component of a work of art but also its incorporation into the landscape scenery.